It is essential that along with awareness about symptoms, early diagnosis, and the benefits of early treatment, patients are aware of all the new treatment options. With rising technology and advancement in the field of medical science, there are numerous alternatives to treatments.
Here’s a real experience of Ritu Misra (name changed on request) who was able to avoid chemotherapy only because she was aware of the options available to her.
Ritu, a resident of Gwalior, has always maintained a habit of getting annual health check-ups. Her life took a difficult turn a year back when she went for an annual medical check-up. Scans revealed a shadow in her left breast. Upon further investigation, it was clear that she had stage 1 breast cancer. She underwent an operation to remove the tumor.
However, Ritu decided to find out more about breast cancer recurrence risk and understand all the other options available for her. Upon meeting a few specialists and doing her own research, she came to know that personalized treatment is possible for breast cancer. Upon further research, she came to know about CanAssist Breast, a risk prediction test for early-stage breast cancers.
“My search for treatment options lead me to read about personalized treatments. I’m glad I chose to explore alternatives.”
Some of her research findings strengthened her confidence in personalized medicine:
- Personalized treatment is a targeted approach to individual patient’s medical situations.
- Each patient’s condition is different,and a one-size-fits-all method is impractical.
- Personalized treatment has the potential to avoid over and under treatment.
Ritu wanted to go ahead with the test but was not sure about the costs. Like Ritu, most people who are newly introduced to breast cancer recurrence risk test worry about the costs involved and end up assuming that it would be expensive. However, CanAssist Breast shatters those misconceptions.
- CanAssist Breast is one among the affordable options when compared to similar tests that are available in the west.
- The test doesn’t involve any extra interference with the patient as it is conducted on the tumor sample which is already removed during the surgery.
- CanAssist Breast test costs much less when compared to similar tests that cost in lakhs.
- Getting this test done might mean that the patient can avoid the costs of chemotherapy if they are not at a high risk of recurrence of cancer. Each session of chemotherapy could cost as much as this test costs or more and a patient might need five to ten lakhs for complete chemotherapy sessions.
Personalized medicine plays a vital role in the treatment of early-stage breast cancer. Moreover, technology aided diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer have huge benefits in a country like India, where incidences of breast cancer are rising.
Your timely action will not only save you money but will also save you from the side effects of chemotherapy. Consult your doctor and opt for CanAssist Breast to know breast cancer recurrence risk and plan your treatment.