Every 4 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
How early detection of breast cancer can save your life?
The earlier the breast cancer is detected, the better the success rate of treatment will be! Early detection increases the chances of available treatment options, the survival rate of patients and a better quality of life. Many women do not experience any symptoms of breast cancer (not even a lump), which makes it vital for them to go in for regular screenings.
How to proceed?
- By age 40, you should begin undergoing screening, especially if you have a strong family history of the disease. Try speaking with your healthcare provider about various screening tests.
- Share your family history and medical history to help your doctor determine whether you are at average or high risk of breast cancer.
- It is recommended that women with an average risk for breast cancer should undergo mammogram testing once in a year after age 45.
- Also, it is important to discuss with your doctor the benefits, risks and limitations of breast cancer screenings.
- Apart from various screenings, every woman should be familiar with how their breasts look and feel. In case of any warning signs, it should be immediately reported to your primary care physician or gynecologist.
Breast Cancer Warning Signs that can be self-examined
Recognizing some of the most common warning signs of breast cancer can help in your early diagnosis and treatment. Some of the signs you can look for include:
- Skin changes of the breast, or a lump found in the breast tissue.
- Discharge from the nipple and pain in the area.
Early detection of breast cancer is the key to prevent its spread, its treatment, and recurrence. Early detection opens up the gates for effective treatment, increased survival, and improved quality of life.
Breast self-examination is crucial. Always remember to regularly self-examine yourself for any indications of breast cancer.
Thanks for sharing this amazing post with us. I really like your post and am sure that this post will help many peoples. Breast cancer is one of the most common problem in women. When some one is suffering from breast cancer they can also consult with best and experienced breast cancer doctor in Jaipur.